Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kicked my addiction



At the end of 2009 I made A LOT of changes to my diet. One of those changes included reducing the number of Diet Coke's I consumed. While I won't confess that number let's just say it was WAY too much. There are a lot of opinions on the ingredient Aspartame and I'll just say that with anything... moderation... moderation. Having said that, I decided to give up the sodium, or at least the volume I could control. High blood pressure runs in both sides of my family and that was what I received the year I turned 40. It was a sad parting since my morning started with my old friend. I love the taste! I went through the caffeine withdrawal and have survived the change.

This lone can has been sitting in the garage for a while. I see it often and think I should drink it just to get rid of it. I think for now I'll leave it. Will I ever have another Diet Coke? Sure, from time to time - in moderation. I'm sure my body appreciates the volume of water it now gets but my taste buds sure miss our old friend.

1 comment: