Monday, March 1, 2010

Mama

Saturday, February 27th, was the one year anniversary that my precious Mama died. I had thought about blogging about it but the pain is still too great. I miss her so much. Instead of dwelling on the sadness I took time to notice all the things in my home that connect us. Small things, silly things, things made with love. The oven mitt shown below was a gift from Mama over 10 years ago. I love my cats and this mitt has been in my kitchen ever since. And, no, I never use it.

Mama is buried back home in Georgia, over 1,100 miles away, so I can't visit her grave. On Saturday we took new flowers to Elmer's grave [Barry's father]. We took him bright Orange & cheerful poppies. With the last of winter hanging around they were a happy spot in the cemetery against the dormant brown grass and leafless trees.



Mama, my love for you lives on with your memory. Thank you for... everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment